Monday, March 12, 2012

{crafts} Musical fun


My son loves music and loves to play with all of his instruments. Here is a great tutorial showing how to make a simple homemade instrument. The original tutorial can be found at http://www.minieco.co.uk/tubular-cardboard-bells/


Tubular (cardboard) bells!

This is really easy. Get a sturdy cardboard tube. Pierce holes at regular intervals round the outside. Using a needle and thread attach bells to tube. Hey presto…a cheap and very cool little instrument.
I got my cardboard tube from inside a roll of binbags. I reckon you could do this with a toilet roll tube but it may not last as long. Wrapping paper tubes would also work pretty well.
If you are handy with a pair of knitting needles then make some knitted ankle cuffs too!
I used a fairly thick thread to attach the bells to the tube. Please bear in mind they do come off from time to time so take care around little ones.
Keep your eyes peeled because I am doing a guest post over at ohmyhandmade.com in the next week which is very exciting.
I also want to do a big shout out for Michelle at michelemademe.blogspot.com. Michelle used mycrocodile design to make some edible art – check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment