Monday, September 12, 2011

{crafts} Owl Halloween Costume - Part 1

My 20 month old son loves this adorable Twinkle Twinkle Little Star video on youtube.


He watches it over and over and sings along. It has a cute little owl singing to a star. The owl is his favorite character, so I decided he should dress up as him for Halloween.

To start the project I am crocheting an owl hat. I figured this would work best because he would never wear any kind of mask, but he may keep a hat on. This project will be posted in
steps, the base of the hat will be the first step.

I found this very clear tutorial and was able to make the base of the hat in just a few hours:

Art of Crochet by Teresa - Baby Crochet Cap with Earflap Option -



After creating the base, I then added the ear flaps, colored trim and the tassels. I am using this video by Brooke Till for the details, but I found the previous video to be a little bit easier to follow when it came to the basic hat.



Here is my basic hat, ready for the facial details:


Be sure to check back throughout the month as I complete the rest of the costume.

No comments:

Post a Comment