Monday, August 22, 2011

{crafts} Yoga Mat Bag

Over the weekend I pulled out some batik material that I had made a while back. It got me inspired to do it again. I love the way a finished piece of batik fabric looks, but I never know what to do with it. Then I found this Yoga Mat bag tutorial. I think the batik fabric would work great with a project like this one:


This project shows you how to make a basic yoga mat bag. It's a great way to keep your bag clean and rolled up in between classes. Before you begin you will need to measure your yoga mat. Roll up your Yoga mat and measure the length of it and the circumference and add 3 inches (7.5cm)for the seams and add an additional 3 inches (7.5cm) to the length for the drawstring top. Fabric 1: My mat is 21 inch (53cm)in length and has a circumference of 20 inches(50cm). My fabric needs to be : 27 inches (68cm) by 23 inches(58.5cm). Strap: Your strap needs to be the same length as your yoga mat bag which is 27inches (68cm). You can use wide ribbon, binding, string or make a strap using the same fabric bu cutting a 27inch(68cm) by 4 inch (20cm) piece out and sewing it into a tube to form the strap. Fabric 2: You will need a circle for the base of the bag. This should measure the circumference of your mat 20 inches (50cm)and allow a 2 inch (5cm) seam. Cut a 22inch (56cm)Circle out of fabric. Hem C line first. Sew A & B together to form a tube remembering to leave the hem line open. Sew strap ends to E & F. Pin the bottom of the tube to G then sew together. Thread your cord through the C hem. Turn your bag the right way out and you are finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment